Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Baby #3: Week 31

 

Due date: August 2nd.  Less than 2 months to my due date!

What I'm loving:  Feeling baby moving around.  There are far fewer kicks now, but there's a lot of movement that I can feel and see.  It's kind of crazy to watch something move across my belly from inside.

What I'm looking forward to:  School being done!  Just a few more days left with students, then a few make up days and I'll be done.  I can't wait to be home with the girls all day.  I'm hoping we can fit in a lot of summer fun before baby arrives!

What I'm missing: Not feeling like a giant and being able to move around like my normal self.  Miss A lost a marker cap under the couch earlier today, and normally I could get it out pretty quickly.  Now, not so much.  I've found myself bumping in to things with my belly more frequently too, as I don't always remember how big my belly has gotten (and I still have 2 months to go!).

How I'm feeling: Most of the time I'm feeling good, but for sure more tired.  I'm sleeping okay most nights, but if I don't get enough sleep I am really dragging the next day.  The move to bunk beds for the girls also means it's harder to get naps in during rest time because they are very chatty.

Exercise:  I stopped running a couple of weeks ago, partially because I'm feeling big, and partially because our weather is crazy.  It feels like we skipped any consistent spring weather and went straight to summer.  This week has been in the 80s, and that's too warm for me to be running right now.  We've been doing almost nightly family walks around the lake, which is about a 2.5 mile loop.

Cravings/Aversions:  I want to eat all the fruit.  And all the sugar.  I've been indulging in lots of desserts lately, especially ice cream.  I also loved ice cream when I was pregnant with Miss A, so I'm guessing that will stick around this summer.

Diet:  No major aversions right now, so I've been eating pretty well, except wanting sugar all the time.

Differences between pregnancies:  I feel bigger this third time around and carrying the weight more all over than just in the belly, which I'm guessing is not uncommon.  It's also different to be so big when it's so warm out.  We may be spending a lot of time at the pool this summer!

Other Thoughts: A few of my sweet friends from work threw a little shower for me and Baby #3 last week.  I loved that I got to have lunch with my friends (a rare occurrence), eat pizza and an amazing ice cream dessert and got a few new things for Baby #3 to use when he/she gets here.  I was glad to be able to celebrate Baby #3, and I will really miss those ladies next year.

We also got to go visit my brother's new little one, Baby JR last weekend.  It was so fun to snuggle a newborn!  Miss A agreed.  She couldn't get enough of holding the baby, helping with the baby and generally following my SIL around.  She's been talking about Baby JR a lot too, which is sweet, and makes me cautiously optimistic that she'll be a good helper when our baby arrives.  Little J also enjoyed meeting and watching Baby JR.  She was getting really tired and wild before we left, but when Uncle B let her hold Baby JR she was nothing but smiles.

1 comment:

  1. awwww love the belly pics. I also loved feeling Luke move around in my belly when I was pregnant - the best feeling!!

    ReplyDelete