Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Twosday: 33 Before 33 Check In

Today marks 6 months since my birthday, so I thought it would be a good time to check in on my 33 Before 33 that I shared back in October.  Overall I feel I'm doing okay on making progress, although I'm certainly doing better on some goals than others.
My first photo book... kind of cheating.  It's an Instagram Blurb book.  I love it!
 Things I Marked Off My 33 Before 33 Right Away
  1. Donate Blood.  This was the very first item I checked off my list.  Our local library hosted a blood drive the weekend after my birthday so I signed up right away.  I had hoped to donate blood more than once, but now that Baby #3 is on the way, I'll have to wait.
  2. Run a Race.  I was already signed up for the Free to Breath 5k on my birthday, so I knew I'd be able to get this one done too.  Again, I thought I would run more than one race, but with Baby #3 being due in early August, and my birthday in early October, I'm not sure that I'll be able to fit in another race.
Things I've Been Rocking on 33 Before 33
  1. 12 Social Media Free Days.  Done plus many.  I've been trying to stick with a social media free Sunday policy for myself.  Some Sundays I cheat (like this past Sunday when I was stuck in the car for 8+ hours), but for the most part, I stay off Facebook, Instagram and Twitter on Sundays.  I know I mindlessly check social media frequently, so taking a day off each week helps me focus on being more present with my family.  
  2. Blogging.  I set a goal to blog at least 5 times each month, and I've done it every month so far.  I've had this blog for over 4 years, and many times end up taking months at a time off, so I'm pretty happy with myself for being more consistent these past 6 months.  December and January were exactly 5 times, but the other months have been higher.  I've also done some updates to make the blog look a little nicer.  
Things on My 33 Before 33 I Haven't Done or Planned and Need to Do Soon
  1. Go to a dermatologist.  I got as far as getting a referral from my regular doctor, but I haven't yet set an appointment.  This has been on my to do list for far too long, so I need to get on it ASAP.
  2. Go to a fitness class.  There are a few classes I'd like to check out at my local rec center.  I don't have a good excuse for not going.  I really need to just do it!
Progress on Date Goals on my 33 Before 33
Last Vikings Game at the Metrodome
  1. 6 Dates with E.  So far we've gotten out once a month, which is pretty good for us.  Our main babysitter actually called last weekend to see if we needed a babysitter soon (she's getting ready for prom) which was a good push for me to get some things lined up.  Twin Cities friends, any places we should check out?
  2. 4 Mommy Daughter Dates (2 with each girl).  This has been harder than I thought.  If I'm planning something fun, it's hard to not take both girls.  Little J and I took a class together all fall, which I counted for just 1 date, though it met at least 6 times.  I thought counting all of the classes was cheating.  
Mommy and Miss A Donut Date
Mommy and Little J Date to Noodles
Things on My 33 Before 33 I Need to Refocus On
  1. Eat More Freggies.  I was doing pretty well on this goal, starting my days with a smoothie (made with my awesome Ninja!) and including fruits and veggies with my meals.  Then mid-December morning all day sickness hit, and it has taken me awhile to get back on track.  Last week I was finally able to start drinking smoothies again, and I'm excited to see what new combos I can mix up.  
  2. Donate clothes and household items.  I made one big trip to Goodwill last month, but there are many more closets and rooms in my house that need a good clean out.  
Twosday inspired by Heather.  33 Before 33 inspired by Tara.

No comments:

Post a Comment