Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Favorites 2

I'm linking up with Katie today for Friday Favorites.  Head over to Running 4 Cupcakes to see more Friday Favorites!
My littlest helper and her "princess dress."  I love that right now she wants to wear her fancy dress all the time.  When she's wearing it, she tells us, "I a princess."  A princess who likes to help put the dishes away.

Fresh flowers from Trader Joe's.  We picked up this bouquet for Miss A's Tea Party, but that was almost 2 weeks ago, and they still look great!  The flowers add such a great burst of color to the house on these often dreary days, and the prices at Trader Joe's are awesome!

Our new globe.  E has been talking about finding something to collect, so I picked something for him... globes (and probably maps too, because I don't know how many globes you can realistically find a place for).  When my mom and sister came to visit a few weeks ago we made a trip to another favorite, Junket Tossed and Found, where I found this great globe to start E's (really our) collection.  The lady I bought it from said she dated it to 1971.  I think it is a fun addition to our living room, and it's fun to look at how countries have changed even in recent history.  (And yes, I know I'm a bit of a nerd as a geography teacher with a globe collection, but I don't care.)

My Kindle, and books by Erik Larson.  I was initially reluctant to switch from paper books to an e-reader, but now that I have, I love it!  I have a really basic Kindle, which I find easier to read than my iPad, and it's easier to hold than a book.  I finished Isaac's Storm this week, and it was really good!  Isaac's Storm is about hurricane that struck Galveston, Texas in 1900.  This is the third book I've read by Larson, and while I enjoyed the other two more (Devil in the White City and In the Garden of Beasts) this was still a great read.  His writing style really draws you in to the story, even though the books are non-fiction.

2 comments:

  1. I love this - I just did a Friday Favorites too! I find that flowers from TJs last forever too! Those are super pretty :) Very cool globe…a globe been on my list of things to get for the kids at some point - maybe as a birthday or Christmas gift. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww I love your little princess helper. So adorable. Happy Friday! Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete