Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Overview of the 7 C's

As I mentioned in my Favorite Twin Cities Kid Spots post, the Minnesota Children's Museum is one of my favorite places in the Twin Cities.  I briefly volunteered for the MCM as a college student, and couldn't wait to take my own kids there to play.  We have been members since Miss A was quite little, and I'm sure we'll continue to be members and supporters for years to come.  A few months ago I noticed a post on Facebook that the MCM was looking for Smart Play Ambassadors, so I immediately applied.  A few days later I found out I was selected as a Smart Play Ambassador for 2014.  I'm really excited to have this opportunity to support a place I love, and share more information with you about the benefits of play for children whether at home, school or the MCM.

Always a favorite spot at the MCM!
Today I'm sharing a brief overview of the 7C's.  The 7C's are seven proficiencies children will need to be successful in the 21st century, including things like confidence and creative thinking.  As a middle school teacher, the 7C's are a frequent focus in our staff development, but children build these skills starting in early childhood.  For a brief overview of the 7C's, take a look at this article from the Minnesota Children's Museum (make sure you read all the way through the article to see how you can win a family 4 pack of tickets to the MCM!).  

My little artists in the Curiosity Center.
Full disclosure, my family and I are provided with a free membership to the Minnesota Children's Museum in exchange for being a Smart Play Ambassador.  Of course, all opinions are completely my own.

1 comment: