Wednesday, April 28, 2010

1 Month


I can't believe how much Baby A has changed in 1 month! It really hit me on Sunday when she turned 1 month old, how big she has gotten. I don't know how much she actually weighs, but she is well out of newborn clothes, and even some of the 0-3 months are getting small for her. I know I will love seeing her grow, and be able to do more than eat and sleep, but at the same time I'm a little sad to see her getting big. I love my snuggly little baby. I feel so lucky that I get to be home with her for at least 5 months!

Baby A has become much more alert now. She spends much more time awake, and she's better at making eye contact with Mommy and Daddy. She totally has Daddy wrapped around her little fingers, but more on that later. She's also settling in to more of a sleep pattern, although it varies from night to night. Daddy gives her a bottle around 10, and she goes to sleep sometime around 11, wakes up between 2:30 and 4:30 to eat, and then goes back to sleep for awhile. The second sleep strech varies much more than the first.

She loves taking walks... well, I love taking walks with her. We try to go out for about an hour every day, unless the weather is bad. Sometimes we go out for one walk during the day, and another when E gets home from work. Her two absolute favorite things seem to be her swing and her pacifier. She does most of her sleeping in the swings (we have a little one downstairs and a big one upstairs in our bedroom). I was a little hesitant to give her the pacifier, but it really has been a lifesaver. Much better than a screaming baby when we're half way around the lake.
E went out to run some errands on Sunday, and came back with a cake for Baby A's 1 month birthday. He's such a sweed daddy. And, so that Baby A can share in her cake, I've had to eat lots of it :) Besides the cake, we also celebrated Baby A's 1 month birthday with a BBQ for our friend Chris. She has been out of the country for 8 months, and we were so happy to see her again and introduce her to baby A.

We haven't quite figured out what Baby A's nickname is going to be. When we picked Annabelle, we thought she could go by Anna, Anne, Annie or Belle. Now that she's here, she mostly gets called Princess or Princess Annabelle. I guess we'll have to wait and see what her personality is like before we find a nickname for her.




2 comments:

  1. Oh it rips my heart to see how quickly Miss G. grows... Ach! I am enjoying every second of it. Aren't the first smiles so fun?! I can't believe how fast they grow!

    Very cute! I love her name, and all the nickname possibilities you have for Baby A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh little Princess - my heart just SWOONS every time i see a photo of her. (which is getting to be quite often as I know have several hanging at the office and the apt. )

    I can't wait to see how the nicknames progress as she gets older. i see she already loves her Bison :) just about a month away until Miss Heather gets to meet Baby Annabelle - HOORAY! :)

    ReplyDelete