Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Easy Father's Day Project

My girls LOVE to paint.  So this year when I tried to come up with a Father's Day craft for them, I decided they should paint something.  We also usually get Daddy some kind of photo gift (big surprise there, right?).  So here is what we did for Daddy's gift this year.  
We went to Target and picked out a matted picture frame.  We went with a two opening frame because getting a nice picture of the girls together is next to impossible.  At home I took the matte piece out of the frame and let Miss A and Little J each paint half (I had to watch them very carefully to make sure they stayed on their side of the frame).  I gave each girl a plate with a bunch of colors, and a q-tip in each color.  Q-tips make great paint brushes for little hands!  


Little J's greatest masterpieces are almost always her hands.
I put a picture of each girl in the frame on the same side they painted.  I really like how it turned out.  I think it will be a great way for E to display some artwork and pictures of his little girls in his office.  I think it turned out really cute.  I may need one to take to work with me this fall too!

No comments:

Post a Comment