- Bunk Beds! E built a top bunk and added it to the bed he previously built for Miss A, so we now have both girls sleeping in the big girl room. There's a lot of chatting in the room when the girls are supposed to be resting, but hopefully that will get better as they get used to sleeping in the same room.
- New Car! My car wasn't going to work for 3 car seats, so while Miss A and Little J spent a few days with my parents, E and I took advantage to do some car shopping. We ended up with a 2008 GMC Acadia. Considering I was driving a 1998 vehicle, this is a big upgrade, and such a relief to have it done!
Two Ways I Treated Myself While the Girls Were Gone
- Lunch at Panera, one of my favorite spots. The Asiago cheese bagels are so tasty!
- A new haircut. I've been going to The Hive Salon in Minneapolis for about a year now, and it's an awesome spot, especially if you have curly hair. I saw Jen this time, and she did a great job getting my hair ready for summer.
Happy Hour Spots Visited While Girls Were Gone
Two New to Us Spots We Checked Out on Friday Night
- The Fulton Tap Room. It seems like tap rooms are all over right now, so we thought we'd check one out before dinner. I appreciated that they had hand crafted sodas along with the beer. I had passion fruit lemonade (yum) while E enjoyed the beer.
- Butcher and the Boar. We've been hearing so many good things about this restaurant, but I've never been able to get reasonable reservations before. I'm so glad we could this time. The food was amazing! We had dinner inside, which was great, but there was also a nice outdoor area for drinks and a more casual menu.
Two Little Girls Loving on Their New Cousin, Baby JR (and Practicing for August)