Wednesday, September 4, 2013

2nd Annual Movie Night

On Friday night we hosted our 2nd Annual Backyard Movie Night.  Last August we hosted our first backyard movie night, featuring Finding Nemo, and it was such a hit we decided to do it again this year. 

We still had some cowgirl things left from Miss A's 3rd birthday party, so we decided to show Toy Story 2 this year.  We invited everyone over around 7, and set up our cardboard western town for the kids to play in until it got dark enough to start the movie. 

I set up a movie treat bar with popcorn, popcorn toppings and lots of candy... M&M's, Reece's Pieces, Twizzlers, Starbursts, Sour Patch Kids and of course, Junior Mints.  My mom friends were probably not very excited about the amount of candy, but I think one night is ok ;).  We also had juice boxes for the little ones and beer and a wine cocktail for the parents.  
I think we counted 22 little ones plus parents, so I would call our second movie night a big success!  Even Little J sat through most of the movie!  It was a great way to celebrate the end of the summer!  The first two movie nights have been such a success that I think it will be a yearly tradition.
My two girls in the middle, little friends on each side, loving the movie!
Miss A loved movie night so much that she requested that we do it again.  E was happy to set the projector up on Sunday night while we still had it so his little princesses could watch Tangled.  After we put the girls to bed, we stayed up late watching Argo (and I ate the rest of the movie snacks).

No comments:

Post a Comment