- Red Cow St. Paul. E and I took advantage of having family in town to sneak out for dinner. It was so nice to have a little quiet time to talk and enjoy a slow meal (and glass of wine). Baby C did her part by sleeping through dinner.
- Twins Game. E's boss gave him tickets to Sunday's game. The seats were awesome, right behind home plate, and the weather was perfect. Baby C again did her part by sleeping through most of the game. Also, there's a nursing room in the Guest Services area which happened to be right in our section. It was so nice to have a comfortable place to feed Baby C.
Tasty Items I Ate at Red Cow
- 60/40 Burger. This burger is 60 percent beef, 40 percent bacon, with bacon on top and so very good! I was a little worried the bacon taste could be overwhelming, but it was just right.
- Mini Donuts with Ice Cream. We didn't get mini donuts when we visited the state fair, so this more than made up for it. Warm donuts with ice cream is an excellent combination!
Tasty Things I've Made at Home
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Katie at Running for Cupcakes. So good. The girls and I made these one afternoon and they were so tasty. After we started mixing I realized we didn't have any chocolate chips so we used mini M&Ms instead, and they worked great. The only bad part is that I have no control when it comes to sugar, so I ate way too many.
- Bread & Chocolate's Fabulous Fudge Bars. Basically an oatmeal cookie, topped with a layer of fudge and more oatmeal.
Goals for This Week
- Stop eating so many sweets (see above). With so many tasty treats around lately, I've found myself sneaking a bite or two of dessert way too many times during the day. I'm finding that the more tired I am, the more I crave sugar. This week I'm going to try to get that sugar from healthier choices, like fruit.
- Run 3 times. We have a couple of busy weekends ahead, so this may be a challenge, but I know I will feel a lot better if I make exercise a priority this week.
How I'm Keeping Things Organized Right Now
- My new Poppin planner. I saw Heather post about her white Poppin planner a couple of months ago, and decided to order a pink planner for myself. I love the layout of this planner (and it's pink). There is a 2 page calendar for each month followed by 1 page with the week divided into days and 1 lined page for notes. I love that I can keep events, meal plan and my to do list all in the same place. It's awesome! And I just saw that it's on sale, only $8!
- Washi tape. Lots and lots of washi tape :)