Monday, February 17, 2014

Baby #3: 13-16 Weeks

I doubt that I'll keep up with weekly updates for this pregnancy, but I do plan to do updates ever few weeks.  Today I'm just over 16 weeks which seems like a good time to update what's been going on with Baby #3 and me.

16 Weeks! Please excuse the weird flash.
Due date: August 2, 2014

What I'm loving:  I am able to feel baby move sometimes!  The little kicks aren't very strong (yet), but there's definitely some movement in there.  It's also been really fun to follow along with Laura, Julia and Cassie's pregnancy updates (I borrowed this format from what I've been reading on Laura and Julia's blogs).

What I'm looking forward to:  We have our big ultrasound scheduled for the second week in March, and we're looking forward to getting a good look at baby.  I'm also really looking forward to spring.  It has to come soon, right?  This winter is really getting me down, and I can't wait to be able to be outside again!

Cravings/Aversions:  My biggest craving this week was for Gardetto's.  Chex Mix will do in a pinch.  Plus those are fun snacks to share with the girls, because they don't like the rye chips, which are my favorite part.  Much like my first 2 pregnancies, I'm having a hard time eating red meat.

How I'm feeling:  I'm feeling better overall, but still not great.  I still feel nauseous early in the morning, right before bed and randomly throughout the rest of the day.  I feel the best if I eat a lot of small meals throughout the day.  I'm surprised my students haven't commented on my eating yet.  I have a small snack between almost every class.  For much of my first trimester I was having a hard time drinking enough liquid, especially water, but that has also gotten a lot better.  I think staying hydrated has helped me feel better overall.

What I miss:  Eating normal.  If I eat too much in one sitting I start to feel really sick, so I am limiting what I eat at meals, no matter how tasty the food is.

Exercise:  I've been trying to keep up with cardio 3-4 times per week, although this past week I only managed 2 times.  We have an elliptical at home, so that has been my main source of cardio.  I'm so thankful for Netflix right now!  I also joined a nearby rec center with a track where I can run in this crazy cold weather.

Diet:  Improving.  So far in this pregnancy I've been relying on carbs to keep my tummy somewhat happy.  In recent weeks I've been adding in more of a variety.  Even veggies are starting to make their way in to my meals.

Differences between pregnancies:  I feel like I've been a lot more tired during this pregnancy, but I think that having 2 little ones to keep up with is probably a big part of that.  Also, I'm not a winter person to start with, and this winter has been ridiculously cold.  When I get home, I just want to curl up under a blanket!  Another difference is that while I feel sick much of the time, I haven't actually thrown up during this pregnancy (keeping my fingers crossed on that one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment