Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Twosday Seven: Random Thoughts

 Ways I Treated Myself Today

  1. Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Peppermint Crunch.  Katie posted a picture of this on Instagram last week, and I immediately knew I needed it.  I finally picked some up today, and, wow.  It is amazing!
  2. Essie Warm and Toasty Turtleneck nail polish.  I recently discovered that Amazon has great prices for nail polish, and often free shipping.  So a treat the day I ordered it, and a treat today when it arrived. 
Comfort Foods I Can't Get Enough Of

  1. Mac and Cheese.  The girls and I have been home a lot for lunchtime recently, and we've eaten more Kraft Mac and Cheese than I care to admit.  But it's so good, and easy.  Especially good because we've been sick and it's been so cold lately.
  2. Bread sticks.  I would really like bread sticks with nacho cheese like I used to eat for lunch daily, but plain bread sticks have been a tasty afternoon snack as of late.

 Most Common Times for Little J to Pretend to be a Kitty

  1. When she wakes up from nap.  For some reason she will meow to let me know she's awake and ready to get up.
  2. Any time we tell her no.  For some reason she turns in to a kitty, crawling and meowing, if we tell her no.  2 year olds are strange creatures.
Miss A's Current Favorite Songs

  1. Wagon Wheel by Darius Rucker.  This has been a favorite since Miss A spent time with my parents this summer.  Now she likes to change the words to "rock me Daddy" because I think she likes to mess with me.
  2. Anything from the Frozen soundtrack.  Especially Let It Go and For the First Time in Forever.  Seriously, these are on a near non-stop rotation at our house.  Good thing it's a good soundtrack!


Productive Ways I Spent My Monday Off

  1. An elliptical workout.  After taking a week off due to sickness, I finally got a good workout in.  It was very much needed.
  2. Cleaned my room.  Our bedroom is the entire second story to our house, and frequently ends up as a dumping ground.  So I spent nap time doing some major cleaning and organizing.  I got all of our paperwork organized, two bags ready to donate and (most) surfaces clear.  
Things I'm Looking Forward to this Week
  1. Joint Book Club on Wednesday night.  Twice a year the neighborhood book clubs meet together.  It's always fun to see the neighborhood ladies, especially in the winter when we're all usually hiding inside.  Plus our book is Tina Fey's Bossypants, which I read over the summer and enjoyed.
  2. Date night Friday night with another couple.  We're heading to Uptown (where we used to live back in our younger days) to meet up with another couple for drinks and dinner.  We haven't seen them in way too long, so I'm looking forward to the night out.  Plus, I have parent-teacher conferences this week, so it's extra nice to have something to look forward to.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is amazing. I've been eating it even as the temps are well below zero because it's so good!

      Delete
  2. Man, that ice cream was delicious!! Glad you enjoyed too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it's a good thing that you introduced me to it, because now I can't stop eating it!

      Delete
  3. I looooove that Annabelle loves Wagon wheel that is also one of my favs :) and off course Jojos kitty cat tendencies make me giggle every time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove that Annabelle loves Wagon wheel that is also one of my favs :) and off course Jojos kitty cat tendencies make me giggle every time

    ReplyDelete