Monday, January 13, 2014

An Intentional 2014

I spent a lot of time last week thinking of resolutions I wanted to make for 2014.  I came up with a few ideas, but many came back to the 33 before 33 list I made on my birthday in October, so making a bunch of new resolutions seemed a little unnecessary.

Our 2014 jar.  I have plans to write notes about fun happenings throughout the year to look back on next Jan 1.


Something I did decide to do was to pick a word for the year.  I brainstormed a bunch of words, and decided on intentional as my word for the year.

E and I have big plans for the coming months and years, but they will take some work to get there.  So as I start this new year I want to be more intentional about the things that I do.

More intentional with my time.
More intentional with my money.
More intentional with my actions.
More intentional with our space.

I think (hope) it's common for things to fall off track during the holiday season.  There's so much going on that normal routines fall off.  I think pizza was a major food group for December.

For the new year, I'm going to get back to meal planning.  Back to healthier eating (though we're not cutting out pizza any time soon).  I'm going to plan fun things to do as a family, with the girls and just with E.  I'm going to go shopping with a plan, and try my best to avoid being sucked in by the wonders of Target.  I'm going to try to find a place for everything in our house, and make sure things get put back in that place.

Does anyone else have any big goals for 2014?  A word for 2014?  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment