Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Baby A's Baptism

I know posting around here has been sporadic, but my computer is being very temperamental. I think it is dying a slow death.

We had Baby A baptised on June 27th. 21 family members came to celebrate with us. Everyone came in to town Saturday night and we grilled and had a fire until a little storm interrupted our fun. Then we had the service Sunday morning, followed by brunch at our house. Overall, it was a wonderful weekend and Baby A was thoroughly spoiled.

Now on to Baby A's gown. Back when I was planning my wedding, I read that some women have their wedding dress made in to a baptismal gown for their children. I am not quite ready to let someone cut apart my wedding dress, but my dress did come with a shawl. So I found a friend of a friend who was kind enough to use my shawl and make a baptismal gown for Baby A (and any future children I have). It turned out so lovely! I was so excited for Baby A to wear it, and I plan to use it for my future children, and hopefully they will use it with my future grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment