Thursday, July 22, 2010

Daddy's Little Girl

I think there's something really special about daddies and daughters.

In the months leading up to my wedding, I noticed that there were a lot of songs about daddies and daughters on the radio, particularly if I happened to have a country station on. So, when E and I found out that the baby in my belly was a little girl, I decided to make him a mix CD with a bunch of those songs.


E sometimes jokes that he is "all that is man" and I have to agree. He is the guy who can fix the cars when I (frequently) break them, figures out the solutions to problems around the house and researches everything thourougly so that we make the best decisions, and still finds time to show me how much he loves me. He has been a wonderful boyfriend, fiance and husband, and I knew that he would make a good father.


Last year, before we were planning for Baby A, the ladies at work told E that he better not have a little girl, because she would be the most spoiled little girl in the world. I suspected they were on to something. I could (and still can) picture a sweet little girl batting her eyes at him and saying "Daddy, can I have a puppy/pony/etc?" followed by the requested item magically appearing at our house.
So, from the time we found out that our baby was Baby Girl Steinhoff, I knew that E would be smitten with her. I just couldn't have guessed the extent of her hold over him.

The first thing E does when he gets home from work is give Baby A a kiss. Then he changes out of his work clothes and takes her to cuddle on the couch. He gets her ready for bed and feeds her a bedtime bottle. In the morning he has to go check on her before he can leave. He's always telling me (and her) how perfect she is, how cute she is and how much he loves her.


And, like any good Daddy, he's already warning her to stay away from the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment