Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween 2014

Halloween is over and there is SO much candy in my house! And I can't stop eating it! I've eaten many times the amount I've allowed the girls to eat. I may have to make these brownies to use up some of the candy. They look super tasty!

Before I crash from my sugar high, I thought I'd share a little more of our Halloween 2014 happenings.

We visited a pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago, and finally got a chance to carve the pumpkins Thursday night (there's nothing like the last minute). Miss A was willing to help, but Little J was less than thrilled to be touching the pumpkin guts. She didn't want her hands to get messy.





Also, I couldn't resist putting Baby C in a pumpkin. She's just the right size. I thought it would be totally cute. She disagreed.


Miss A's preschool class celebrated Halloween on Thursday, and Little J helped me hand out treats for trunk-or-treat. The preschoolers were adorable in their costumes. After trunk-or-treat we went inside and her class sang a few songs for us. So cute! There were also some very creative parents there handing out fun treats. I'm going to have to step up my crafting while I'm doing the SAHM thing ;).


Tonight the girls headed out for trick-or-treating. Little J was so excited when she went to the first few houses, she would come back and say, "I got candy!" Baby C and I tagged along to a few houses on our block, then came home to hand out candy to the kiddos. Miss A and Little J stayed out with E, and they met up with some friends who live nearby. After awhile he brought Little J back, but Miss A was really a trooper and stayed out for a long time.  
I'm a little biased, but I think they're the cutest bugs ever!




Halloween was a big success! The girls are already planning their costumes for next year. As of right now they want to be the girls from Despicable Me and E can be Gru. I think that would be super cute, but I have a feeling they will go through several other costume ideas before we actually get to Halloween 2015.

1 comment:

  1. Their costumes are so amazing! Love the little ladybug too - so adorable :)
    We have an obscene amount of candy now too. The schools here collect it to donate to soldiers overseas. I was worried that there would be some resistance from the girls this year, but I let them pick out 3 pieces to keep and they were totally okay with donating the rest! Whew!

    ReplyDelete