Sunday, August 3, 2014

Baby #3: Final Weeks

39 Weeks
40 Weeks
I wrote most of this post at 39 weeks, and added to it throughout the week.

Due date: August 2nd.

What I'm loving:  Feeling baby move, and watching baby move my whole stomach.  It's SO crazy to watch!

What I'm looking forward to:  Baby being here!  It's so close!

What I'm missing:  Being able to move normally and sleep comfortably (especially on my stomach).

How I'm feeling:  Ready to be done, but overall pretty good.  The girls sleep until 8 most mornings, so I'm still feeling rested even though my night time sleep isn't great.  Update as of Thursday: I have never been more uncomfortable.

Exercise: Trying to keep walking, but not much more than my daily activity right now.

Cravings/Aversions:  Craving ice cream (seeing this article about the 10 best milkshakes in the Twin Cities happened at the perfect time... and 2 are within walking distance of my house!)  Also, such a weird aversion for me, but I am having a really hard time eating chicken.  With both Miss A and Little J I couldn't handle red meat.  Now, I love red meat, can't handle more than a few bites of chicken.

Differences between pregnancies:  Here's 39 and 40 weeks with Miss A, and 39 to 40 weeks with Little J (which actually includes her birth story).  Miss A was born the day after her due date, and Little J 3 days early.  We'll see what Baby #3 decides.  I was hoping for July 25th, but as we've passed that date, I'm feeling like baby is going to stay put until at least my due date.

Other Thoughts: See how nice any shiny the deck is in the picture?  I stripped the old stain off the deck and put new stain on over the weekend.  There are lots of house projects being worked on right now.  Cleaning out the basement, painting (shutters, flower boxes, front door, side door, back hallway/stairway), scrubbing floors... I'm going to chalk it up to nesting.  And keeping myself busy so I don't go crazy waiting for baby.  Update as of Thursday: I may have overdone it with all of those projects, and I'm paying for it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment