Monday, August 20, 2012

Miss Merry Mac






Great Grandpa Tom giving Mushkin 1 a hug goodbye.

Last weekend we went camping at Merry Mac Campground in Wisconsin with my mom, her brother and sister, and their families.  We had sunny, cool weather so we got to enjoy camp fires, a little afternoon swimming and lots of time with family. 
My grandma passed away in March, but over the winter had talked about doing a big family camping trip over the summer.  I was really glad that everyone still wanted to go, and that we were able to make it back for the weekend.  We were all sure Grandma Sue was with us.
I remember camping a lot growing up.  And I have seen enough pictures to know we started camping young, and I still enjoy camping now.  But I have to admit, I was a little nervous about how camping with two little ones would go.  We took Little A camping at about 4 months, and again around 16 months.  But taking Baby J at 8 months, and crawling, seemed a more daunting task. 
Both of my girls love being outside, so camping is perfect for them.  Plus, for this trip, we were camping with lots of family to help out with both girls, which helped a lot.  I packed a couple of books for Little A, a handful of toys for Baby J and some markers and coloring books.  That was plenty to keep the girls busy.  To keep Baby J happy, my mom suggested moving our pack and play outside, which was a great solution to give Baby J some room to move around without having her eat too many sticks, dirt, etc. 
Overall, we had a lot of fun.  We came home with two tired, dirty and slightly spoiled little girls, and we can't wait to try it again next summer! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment