Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Elephants Galore!

I've been busy (in a fun way) getting things ready for Baby A's birthday party coming up in just a little more than 2 weeks (crazy!). We've been saying that Baby A's favorite animal is the elephant, so we're having a elephant theme for her party.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon making special elephant crayons for the other little ones who come to her party. I got the idea from from this post on Prudent Baby. I looked at molds online, but when I found one for $1 at Joann Fabric, I decided to go with it. My mold had several different animal faces, but I only used the 2 elephant faces to stick with the theme.
I have a lot of old crayons from school, so I was able to make the crayons by recycling those. It took some time to unwrap the crayons, melt them, and then wait for the crayons to cool to start again, but I'm really happy with how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment