Thursday, February 11, 2010

Love and...

I am now 32 (actually, now up to 34) weeks pregnant. Only 8 weeks until I reach the magical 40 weeks and (hopefully) get to meet the little lady.

There are some things I absolutely LOVE about being pregnant, and other things that, well, I don't love so much. But, to focus on the positive...

My absolute FAVORITE thing is feeling baby girl kick. When I first started feeling her move back in October, I wasn't quite sure what I was feeling, but now there is absolutely no doubt. She is a dancing queen. Anytime I eat, sit down, relax, try to sleep or do a variety of other activities, I can feel her squirming around in her cramped little space.

Another wonderful part is sharing the experience with E. Every Wednesday night I get out my copy of What to Expect and we read the little excerpt about baby girl's growth for the week. It's such a fun thing to look forward to each week!

If you know me, you know that I like pink. A lot. And you might expect me to take advantage of the fact that I'm having a girl to get a pink room in my house. But, I did not paint my nursery pink. Baby girl's nursery has a jungle theme. And it has been incrediably fun to decorate the nursery for her (more on that later).

I also like not worrying about weight (well, not as much). I've been trying to keep my weight gain reasonable, and to continue exercising throughout the pregnancy. I have not, however, restricted my intake of sweets. And, as an added perk, nobody really comments on how much I eat. People suggest more sweets, not less, and I'm not one to argue with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment