Today I'm linking up with Heather for Twosday!
Fun Weekend Activities with the Girls
|The girls don't look very excited, but they really did like it!|
- Twins Game. E was helping some friends move on Saturday, and they offered us their tickets for Saturday night. It was our first game of the season, and the girls loved checking everything out, and having hot dogs for dinner.
- MOA. Sunday was E's birthday, and somehow Miss A convinced him that he wanted to go to the Mall of America to celebrate. E and the girls went on a few rides, we had lunch and I picked up a little brother/little sister onsie to match the big sister shirts I got for the girls.
|Little J photobomb.|
- Bar Patios. Our babysitter was able to come over Sunday night so I could take E out for his birthday. We stopped at The Liffey for a bit before dinner, and Sweeny's (one of my favorite TC spots) after dinner. It was so nice to sit, relax and talk.
- Mancini's. This was maybe a strange pick for a summer night out, but Mancini's Char House is a St. Paul landmark that we somehow hadn't been to in our (almost) 7 years living in the city. Mancini's has an awesome, old school feel. E especially loved it.
Things I'm Loving at 38 Weeks
- Unlimited ice cream. Well, maybe not unlimited, but we are going through large quantities of ice cream around here.
- Feeling baby move. I know that baby could come any day now (though I'm trying not to drive myself crazy with that idea), so I'm trying to pay extra attention to baby's movements. Baby is especially active at night, and it's fun (and a little weird) to watch baby parts move across my belly.
Things I Could Do Without at 38 Weeks
- Comments from strangers. Our waitress on Sunday asked when I was due, and when I said 2 weeks, she said, "It looks like it could have been yesterday." Not something any pregnant woman wants to hear.
- The heat. I know that I have been pretty spoiled with a relatively mild summer, but today we made it to the 90s and I mostly hid inside.
Things I've Been Listening to Recently
- Mom & Dad Are Fighting Podcast. Erin shared this on IG a month or so back, and I've gone through all of the episodes. I love the mix of interviews and discussions of different parenting topics mixed with personal stories. Each episode the hosts share a parenting triumph or fail, which are always relatable.
- This American Life Podcast. This is one that I used to listen to all the time, but after taking a break for a few months, I recently started listening to all of the episodes that had collected on my phone. I especially liked the 20 Acts in 60 Minutes episode.
Things I've Read When I Should Be Sleeping