Thursday, August 4, 2011

DIY Ribbon Pull Toy

Last week, Little A and I got together with the ladies and little ones from the mom and baby group we were part of last spring through our hospital. It was so fun to see how the little ones have grown.

One of the mom's shared a few ideas she got from a family friend for easy, make yourself travel toys. We travel in the car a lot, so I thought I'd try to make a ribbon pull toy for Little A.
Supplies
-Small container with lid (I used a Target little munchers container)
-Variety of ribbons
-Hole punch
-Scrapbook paper
-Contact paper



1. Punch a small hole in the lid of the container (you could also cut slits in the top if you prefer). Thread a piece of ribbon through the hole and tie a knot at each end.



2. Repeat for as many pieces of ribbon as you want to include. I picked all grossgrain ribbons because I thought they would hold up better, but I picked ribbons that were a variety of widths, and cut them to different lengths. 2. Measure the container, and cut scrapbook paper to fit. Wrap the scrapbook paper around the container and tape.



3. Cut contact paper to fit over the scrapbook paper, and wrap around the container.

Now you have an easy, fun toy to play with

No comments:

Post a Comment